What's Up Gold and Freeradius

Linda Pagillo linda at n2thenet.com
Mon Oct 3 18:40:34 CEST 2005

Hi everyone:

I'm using Ipswitch's What's Up Gold to monitor my network. I have it set to notify me when certain things in my network go down etc... I have it set to monitor Freeradius. I put an entry into my clients.conf file to give the What's Up Gold computer access to send a request to Freeradius. Here is what's happening... my What's Up Gold keeps telling me that my Freeradius is down when indeed it's not. I'm guessing that when a request gets sent from What's Up Gold to Freeradius, it is not getting there or something. I checked my radius logs and here is an example of an entry i get when What's Up Gold sends a request to Freeradius...

Mon Oct  3 10:22:44 2005 : Auth: Login incorrect: [TEST/L\200\212\3101\215\277&\320\350\345\373\351\201\031\215] (from client old port 0)

I don't know if the above will help any, but i thought i should include it in this post.

Also, this problem does not always happen. It's kind of sporradic. There are lots of times when What's Up Gold sends a request to Freeradius and i get no errors.

My worry is this... are my customers having to dial up several times before getting connected? Since Freeradius won't accept all requests from What's Up Gold, who's to say that it is accepting dial in requests from all of my customers all of the time?

Any help or insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Linda Pagillo
Director of Technical Services
N2 The Net, LLC
lpagillo at n2thenet.com