SV: freeradius and MS SQL -- anyone got it working?

Erik Ågren erik.agren at scandinavianbilling.com
Tue Oct 4 10:57:38 CEST 2005

Hi

If Anyone got this to work, couldn't you give me an example of how its done.
Including necessary changes in the odbc.ini (and where to put it) and the other files that I have to change.

I'm trying to connect using iodbc, but when starting up FreeRADIUS I get the following:

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_iodbc (module rlm_sql_iodbc) loaded and linked rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to @MSSQL:/ rlm_sql (sql): starting 0 rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_iodbc #0
sql_create_socket: SQLConnectfailed:  [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0 rlm_sql (sql): starting 1 rlm_sql (sql): starting 2 rlm_sql (sql): starting 3 rlm_sql (sql): starting 4 rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.

rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to @MSSQL:/

This looks strange, but I just tried to use the DSN name, as suggested. Any suggestion about what to do here?

Thanx

/Erik