Which Operating System is best for freeRADIUS

Gunther freeradius at caribsms.com
Wed Oct 5 19:01:47 CEST 2005

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
>I'd suggest Debian, because several members of the project are developping
or testing FreeRADIUS under Debian.
>Moreover the Debian package is directly maintained by one the developpers
who regularly adds the major bugfixes
>into the Debian package between two releases of FreeRADIUS.

Thanks! Not too familiar with Debian, but I don't think it is a different
world to all the other Linux distributions. I thought FreeBSD might be a
candidate since it is more focusing on networking and services.
I run several web hosting packages with FreeBSD, Fedora FC4, Redhat 9, SuSE
I was actually more looking from the user point of view and not the
developers. (sorry for that ;-)

Gunther