about pam_radius_auth.so module and creating user accounts on AAA client..

Raj mutthuraj at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 01:55:54 CEST 2005

If I have a Radius client setup on a RHEL 4.0 linux
with pam_auth_radius module
 active for telnet/ssh service, do I need to create a
linux user (with no passwd) that
 is same as the Radius user for this authentication to
work?
 This is assuming "sufficient" control flag for
pam_radius_auth as the very first
 entry in the related service files under /etc/pam.d
dir.

Basically, I don't want to create a user account on
AAA client machine but only on AAA server. Is there a
way I can accomplish this using pam_auth_radius and
nsswitch.conf ?  i.e if there's a way to specify AAA
server lookup for passwd DB in nsswitch.conf?