How to dump core on crash?

Martin Pauly pauly at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Mon Oct 10 23:36:56 CEST 2005

Hi,
the stability problems I had posted a week ago are occuring again,
and I also got at least one more occurrence of the ominous assertion
faileure in modcall.c
Sow I would like to provide Alan with a core dump/bt, but I couldn't
manage to produce one. Here's what I have tried so far:

- enable coredumps in /etc/freeradius.conf (logfile confirms it)
- make /etc/freeradius writable for the freerad group
- change login shell of user freerad to /bin/bash for a test,
   login and make a 'sleep 1000' crash by sending a SIGSEGV
   -- this produces a core file, so ulimits should be o.k.
- Look under /proc/<freerad-pid>/cwd to figure out the
current working directory of the main freerad process,
it's always '/'.

So where should I expect to find a core dump?

Thanks, Martin