802.1x client question

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Oct 11 00:28:56 CEST 2005

Michael Schwartzkopff <misch at multinet.de> wrote:
> Forget M$. Windooze is not able to do authentication BEFORE logon. Only after
> logon the possibilty to authenticate to the network exists. So much to the
> logic of M$.

  Apparently Samba 3.0.21 will contain patches to ntlm_auth that allow
it to do machine authentication for PEAP sessions.  I haven't tried it
myself, but it might work.

  I *do* know that using EAP-TLS for machine authentication works,
once the magic "extended attribute" is added.  See
"scripts/xpextensions" in the current CVS snapshots.