Problem Starting Freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Oct 11 00:30:33 CEST 2005

"Linda Pagillo" <linda at n2thenet.com> wrote:
> How is removing the lock/pid files by hand going to help my problem?

  The explanation on the page says that the message you're seeing is
caused when those files exist, even though the service isn't running.

>  How will i know when i need to remove them? Like i said before this
> happens at random. It will look like it's started , but when i go to
> my services console it gives my the subsystem locked error, but i
> can start it right up from there without removing anything.

  I would say it has to be a platform-specific thing, and probably has
very little to do with FreeRADIUS.

  If the scripts used on your platform can't tell if a daemon is
running or not, I suggest contacting your vendor, and asking them to
fix it.