i want to add new attributs

Tim O'Donovan tim at icukhosting.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 12:06:11 CEST 2005

Hi Harish,

I am trying to accomplish almost exactly the same thing on our
freeradius setup. Our NAS servers send us an additional attribute,
'Timestamp', in UNIX time, but at the moment our radius server is
ignoring it altogether.

We are using MySQL for accounting etc and the default setup logs entries
using the current time of insertion, not the time sent by the NAS. We
have a secondary radius server that is replicated by using radrelay on
the primary server which runs every minute or so. This is the main
problem as the time logged to the secondary server is different to the
primary.

I believe the solution involves editing the dictionary file (found in
raddb dir) to add the new attribute. Although I am not 100% if that is
enough for it to come into effect. The standard attributes can be found
here: http://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types.

When I find a complete solution I will let you know. :-)

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Tim O'Donovan