i want to add new attributs

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Tue Oct 11 14:09:42 CEST 2005

Tim O'Donovan wrote:

> Hi Harish,
>
> I am trying to accomplish almost exactly the same thing on our
> freeradius setup. Our NAS servers send us an additional attribute,
> 'Timestamp', in UNIX time, but at the moment our radius server is
> ignoring it altogether.
>
> We are using MySQL for accounting etc and the default setup logs entries
> using the current time of insertion, not the time sent by the NAS. We
> have a secondary radius server that is replicated by using radrelay on
> the primary server which runs every minute or so. This is the main
> problem as the time logged to the secondary server is different to the
> primary.

You can do anything you would like with the SQL logging by editing the
sql.conf file, which contains the sql query strings the radius server uses.

> I believe the solution involves editing the dictionary file (found in
> raddb dir) to add the new attribute.

You would only need to do that if the server did not recognize the
attribute (translating it from a numerical id to a string name). If the
server logs the attribute into the detail file with the proper name or
the server prints its name in debugging mode, there is no need for that.

  Although I am not 100% if that is