dialup admin - problem with users

Matt Vollmar matt at vollmars.com
Wed Oct 12 23:12:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

I searched the archives briefly, but I wasn't sure how to even phrase
this issue.  I have Freeradius authenticating Chillispot through a MySQL
DB.  One of the features of Chillispot is to authenticate based on MAC
address first before checking username.  This sends the MAC as Username
and a pre-determined password.  I have this working fine, but the
problem is that Dialup Admin will not accept usernames with "dashes" in
them.  Every time I try to edit a user like "00-0E-35-A8-25-9F", it
changes the name to "000E35A8259F" which of course does not exist.
Anyone know of a quick fix for this?  If not, I will send some patches
for this and a few other problems I found with Dialup Admin.  I just
hate delving into a project like this when there is the possibility of a
fix existing.

Thanks,

Matt