Problem with OpenSSL functions

Juan Daniel Moreno juanitomoreno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:19:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would like to ask you (experienced people)
something. I'm using freeradius 1.0.4 and I have a message of 48 bytes
long (a premaster secret) generated
with the random function of openssl. This message has to be
"public_encrypted" and sent to a radius server. Nevertheless, when I use the
RSA_public_encrypt() function this encrypts the message of 48 bytes and
generates a 64 bytes encrypted message. Normally this functions like this;
but as I sent this "encrypted message" to the server, the server responds
me: "tls rsa encrypted value length is wrong". This means that the message
is well generated but not well encrypted. Can any of you tell me please how
can I fix this problem? Knowing that the RSA public key is 64 bytes long, is
it normal that the encrypted message is 64 bytes long too?  Do you know
another openSSL function that "public_encrypts" a message?

Thank you, Juan Daniel MORENO