Problem with OpenSSL functions

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Oct 13 18:44:52 CEST 2005

Juan Daniel Moreno <juanitomoreno at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any of you tell me please how can I fix this problem? Knowing
> that the RSA public key is 64 bytes long, is it normal that the
> encrypted message is 64 bytes long too?

  The two are completely independent.

> Do you know another openSSL function that "public_encrypts" a
> message?

  You don't call the "encryption" functions.  You call "send tls
data", and it takes care of encrypting the data and putting it into a
TLS session.

  Again, see the FreeRADIUS source code for how it handles this.  See
wpa_supplicant (another package) for a client implementation of EAP
that does exactly what you're trying to do.

  I don't understand why it's so difficult to read pre-existing code,
and to use it as examples for new code.