Packet of Disconnect

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Oct 13 21:33:54 CEST 2005

Jay Barnell <jbarnell at barnellts.com> wrote:
> When will it be able to?

  When a patch is sent in.  As always, patches are welcome.

  "radclient" can *send* those packets, but the server can't receive
them.  Why?  Read the RFC's for how those packets are supposed to be
implemented.

  When a server receives a disconnect packet, it has to check to see
IF it had an Access-Request with the same contents, WOULD that request
be forward to the IP that the disconnect request came from.

  That's hard.  It's easier to punt on the problem.

  We could implement limited support for disconnect, where local
administrators (not remote ones) would be allowed to send disconnect
packets.  But if that's the requirement, those admins can already use
"radclient" to send packets directly to the NAS.

  So I'm not sure there's *any* benefit to adding disconnect support
to the server.