Freeradius, Ldap, and static IPs for users.

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Fri Oct 14 22:22:54 CEST 2005

> I have a huntgroup for the dial-up that allows me to differentiate between
> the dial and dsl based on the radiusGroupName without any problems.  But now
> i need to be able to let a DSL user with a static ip be able to log in via
> dial-up and pull a dynamic ip.  Is this possible and how do i do it (or for
> that matter, what docs might even point me in the right direction)  i'm not
> seeing much on this in my searches.

Did you ever get help on this?

If not, do all your dsl users get static ips?

If so, here is a quick idea.  Not sure if this would work, as in not sure
if the variable will carry over, so you'll have to test it.

In your radiusd.conf file, under the ldap section, perhaps you could put
this.

dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/%{Huntgroup-Name}-ldap.attrmap

Then copy ldap.attrmap to dialup-ldap.attrmap and dsl128-ldap.attrmap

In dialup attrmap, comment out the radiusFramedIPAddress and
radiusFramedIPNetmask parts.  That will make radius not add those reply
values to your users that login from the dialup nas.

If only some of your dsl users get static IPs and the rest get dynamic,
then I'll have to think a bit more about this one.  I'm sure there will be
a way to do it, you could always call an external program or use rlm_perl
to build some login into it to do this for you.

-Dusty Doris