erros building suse rpm

Andrew Teixeira ateixeira at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:55:25 CEST 2005

Hello,
  I'm no expert on freeradius, but I have done some extensive RPM
packaging, so my suggestions are as follows:

At the end of the %install section of the SPEC file, just add a line
stating "rm -f %{buildroot}/etc/raddb/example.pl".  That will remove
the unwanted file.
 - or -
Add the /etc/raddb/example.pl to the %files section to add this file
to the distribution, thus making it no longer an unpackaged file.
 - or -
Add the following define to the SPEC file:

%define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build       0

I primarily package RPMs on Mandriva Linux, so I'm not sure if the
third option is the same on SUSE, but you might try to give it a whirl
since it is probably the easiest option to try.  Basically, it still
checks for the unpackaged files, but won't prevent the package from
being built if unpackaged files are found.  The most portable
solutions, however, are the first two.