Problems Installation Debian

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Oct 26 18:44:04 CEST 2005

awaradius at myawa.com wrote:

> I am installing the last version of freeradius, but I have a bit problem
> in the installation. I work with debian.

Maybe you could just get the Debian binary package.
# apt-get install freeradius

If for some reason you really want to recompile the package from
sources, you could do like this:

> First of all, I download the software from freeradius´ web:
>  radiusnoc:/# wget ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius-1.0.5.tar.gz
>
> The next step:
>  radiusnoc:/#tar zxvf freeradius-1.0.5.tar.gz
>
> After, I change to the directory:
>  radiusnoc:/#cd freeradius-1.0.5

At this point on Debian you can run the command:
# dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

And when you have build the package, install it with the command:
# dpkg -i ../freeradius_1.0.5-0_i386.deb

--
Nicolas Baradakis