thread pool

alexander at infomed.sld.cu alexander at infomed.sld.cu
Wed Oct 26 23:17:07 CEST 2005

At an ISP where we use freeradius with mysql in older to
authenticate remote dial up users. The system worked fine until some weeks ago when there
was an increase of the number of users and the radius begun to have troubles.
For instance some days ago we have an electric problem and was nessesary shutdown the
radius
servers and the NASes. When turne on the system the radius daemon die with a "segmentation
foult"
error or it stay running but do not solve any request because an error of type: "There are
no DB

handles to use!" take care. Running radiusd -xx, the server die because with the error
message:
"can not spread more mysql connection" or something like this.
Even frequently, at times of more trafic the server also die.
I`m supose that it`s a problem of trafic due to the increase of the numbers of users.
So i´m need to know if there any form of do that the radiusd accept just a limited number
of
requests in order to avoid that troubles when increase the load of the server?

Regards.