Problem using "Calling-Station-Id"-Attribute in radcheck

kdr akm mrakoum at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 16:16:19 CEST 2005

Hello,

I´m using  freeradius-1.0.1-0.FC2.i386.rpm and freeradius-mysql-1.0.1-0.FC2.i386.rpm  with Mysql  for Authentication for my lan client .

Now, I want also to check the MAC-Address of this  Lan Client.
Therefore I added the "Calling-Station-Id"-Attribute to the radcheck
table.

mysql> select * from radcheck;
| id | UserName | Attribute          | op | Value            |
|  1 | tala   | User-Password        | == | 123123         |
|  2 | tala   | Calling-Station-Id     | == | 000d88522f1f |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Unfortunatelly, freeradius cannot validate this user anymore. Are there
any config-files I have to change?  or i use this attribut wrong i.am a beginner in radius

and thanks in advanced .