Freeradius and Linksys WRT54GS

Guy Davies Guy.Davies at telindus.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 11:59:28 CEST 2005

Are you sure that the Linksys AP supports LEAP.  LEAP is a somewhat
proprietary Cisco method that places unusual requirements on the AP
(unlike other EAP methods that are simply converted from EAP in EAPOL to
EAP in RADIUS by the AP).  I know that Linksys is now owned by Cisco but
I am not sure that they've implemented LEAP capabilities.  AFAIK, Apple
is the only other vendor to support LEAP.

LEAP isn't a particularly strong EAP method anyway.  I'd recommend (and
so would Cisco, now) using a different method (PEAP/MS-CHAPv2 if you
must, EAP/TTLS if you can).  So long as the Linksys can do EAP
passthrough, you should be OK with these.

Rgds,

Guy