Authentication succeeds even with incorrect shared secret.

Sayantan Bhowmick sbhowmick at novell.com
Thu Sep 1 13:36:19 CEST 2005

Hi,
   I am using FreeRADIUS version 1.0.2 and I am trying to authenticate
users using CHAP authentication. Everything works and authentication
goes through except that users are authenticated successfully( provided
userid and password id correct) irrespective of what is entered for the
"shared secret" in the client. Is this a defect? Should'nt the RADIUS
server check whether the client is using the correct "shared secret"?

Thanks and Regards,
-Sayantan.