upgraded to 1.0.4 lots of problems.

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Sep 1 19:45:43 CEST 2005

            I've sorted through most of my issues going from 1.0.1 to
1.0.4 but one thing I cant figure out is this:

I have this line in my /etc/raddb/users file: DEFAULT Auth-Type = System

  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System

auth: type "System"

  ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform
requested action.

auth: Failed to validate the user.

Login incorrect: [aweaver/12345] (from client dhcp111.cmh.ee.net port 0)

I copied all of the config files from the old server to the new server,
only thing that has changed was the version of freeradius.

I still have both servers, the old 1.0.1 and the 1.0.4, and the old one
accepts "system" as a valid auth type, does anyone know if something
changed or what/not?

Thanks,

-Drew