CHAP/MS-CHAP/MS-CHAPv2 + LDAP problem

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Fri Sep 2 10:00:01 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok <aland at ox.org> rašė:

>  Use LDAP as a database, not as an authentication server.
>
>  See many, many, posts on this topic to this list.
>
>> Is there a way to do this authentification and NOT turning MS-CHAP
>> protocol in VPN box? Are there some kind of preauth hooks in Radius?
>
>  Have FreeRADIUS get the password from LDAP, and let FreeRADIUS do
> the authentication.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Thanks. I finally figured it out by myself. Sorry for posting early.

I have another problem though.

When I connect to VPN, user and password are verified and radius says
their are ok. After that VPN client registers me on the network (gets
IP address and so on). But in the middle of registration something
happens and I get disconnected. There are no errors in Radius server
log. However there are some in VPN server's:

Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyp0
MSCHAP-v2 peer authentication succeeded for admin
found interface eth0 for proxy arp
local IP address 10.1.1.1
remote IP address 10.1.1.202
executing firewall rules
signal SIGUSR1 received - rebuilding portmappings
RADIUS: server 213.190.40.42 not responding
RADIUS: server 213.190.40.42 not responding

Is is because of some strange external/internal IP problems? What
Radius server must do after I authenticate?

--
  Best Regards,

  Vilius