Authentication succeeds even with incorrect shared secret.

Sayantan Bhowmick sbhowmick at novell.com
Fri Sep 2 10:19:55 CEST 2005

Thank You Alan and Stefan for your replies.
 So if I understand correctly in case of authentication methods like
CHAP the client does NOT SEND ANYTHING  SIGNED with the "shared secret"
and as such the RADIUS server CANNOT verify whether the client has the
proper shared secret. In this case it is the clients job to verify the
server's reply. Am I correct?

Thanks and Regards,
-Sayantan.

<1125583941.43170c45982c4 at modem.webmail.t-online.de>,