Problem with passwd module

Erling Paulsen erling.paulsen at cc.uit.no
Fri Sep 2 13:38:30 CEST 2005

Hi.

I'm having sort of a cache problem using the passwd module.

I'm using the passwd module to lookup users in a SMBPASSWD file. This
works great. But if new users are added or a user change his/hers
password. Then I have to restart freeradius to make changes visible to
freeradius.

Is there a way I can make freeradius lookup the SMBPASSWD file each time
it tries to fetch user-data from it? It seems to me like it reads the file
to memory and caches it!

I have a script that makes a restart of the daemon everytime a new user is
added or users changes their passwords. It can be quite som restarts, and
I donæt like the risk of restarting the server so foten.

Any hints?

- Erling

--
Erling.Paulsen at cc.uit.no