Authentication using LDAP on port 636

Dany Cuyt dacuy at psb.ugent.be
Tue Sep 6 15:30:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

I installed freeradius 1.0.1 for RHEL4 from  RedHat network.  As an ldap
server I have Sun Directory server 5.2 patch3 with SSL enabled. I have
plenty of applications using port 636 to access LDAP (ypldapd from padl,
/etc/ldap.conf on linux, Mozilla address book, etc..) .  With freeradius
as long as I  use standard port 389 I don't have problems  to use LDAP,
but I have problems to use port 636 (Can't contact LDAP server).  Or I
missed something but I seem to be unable to find a procedure how to
setup freeradius using SSL. Any help would be appriciated

Thanks,
Dany