rlm_perl / rlm_python

Jonathan De Graeve Jonathan.De.Graeve at imelda.be
Fri Sep 9 23:56:23 CEST 2005

I think there's a bug in the latest perl versions.

When you are running Debian 3.1 (perl 5.8.4) and want experimental
package you may want to link libperl.so into freeradius, if you don't
you get an error when you start the freeradius server with rlm_perl
enabled

Like:
/usr/sbin/freeradius: relocation error: /usr/lib/perl/5.8/auto/IO/IO.so:
undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr (failed!  run '/usr/sbin/freeradius
-x' to find out why.)

I solved this with recompile configure option:
--with-rlm-perl-lib-dir=/usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8.4

You also can do LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libperl.so freeradius but I would
suggest the first option...

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve