Receivin a full DN in a radius request

Jean-Francois Gobin gobin at gobinjf.be
Mon Sep 12 10:57:07 CEST 2005

For now, the radius request is generated through "radtest".

--> Client :

[root at netlab01 root]# radtest "uid=P06227,ou=people,o=nrb,c=be" *******
localhost 0 ***********
Sending Access-Request of id 100 to 127.0.0.1:1812
         User-Name = "uid=P06227,ou=people,o=nrb,c=be"
         User-Password = "*****"
         NAS-IP-Address = netlab01
         NAS-Port = 0
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=100, length=20

--> Server

rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for
uid=P06227,ou=people,o=nrb,c=be
radius_xlat:  '(uid)'
radius_xlat:  ' '
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in  , with filter (uid)
rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Bad search filter: (uid)
rlm_ldap: search failed
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
   modcall[authorize]: module "ldap" returns fail for request 1
modcall: group authorize returns fail for request 1

So, the error is between the radius receives the packet and the rtm_ldap
sends the packet to the server. It seems that "radius_xlat" truncates my
username.