FR with MySQL. Proxying and repeated entries

Paolo Rotela paolo.rotela at bluetelecom.com
Mon Sep 12 22:18:05 CEST 2005

Hi. I've downloaded, compiled and installed FR 1.0.5, but I'm still
receiving the same results. the packet is discarded because of an invalid
Message-Authenticator.

This is part of the output (IP address hidden) for a "radclient" with "-s"
and "-x" options

rad_recv: Accounting-Response packet from host ******, id=83, length=38
rad_decode: Received packet from ****** with invalid Message-Authenticator!
(Shared secret is incorrect.)
radclient: radclient.c:440: send_one_packet: Assertion `radclient->reply ==
((void *)0)' failed.
Aborted

Should I modify something at the config to let the Message Authenticator get
handled correctly?

Also, from a TCPDump I don't see any "Message Authenticator" in the
Accounting-Request constructed by Radclient. I only see "Message
Authenticator" in the "Accounting-Response" packet constructed by Cisco ACS
and received (and discarded) by FR.