FreeRadius Proxying and Message-Authenticator

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Sep 13 23:57:05 CEST 2005

"Paolo Rotela" <paolo.rotela at bluetelecom.com> wrote:
> Hi. I've downloaded FR 1.0.5 whch is supposed to have a bugfix for
> Message-Authenticator handling in Accounting-* messages.

  The issue is that the suggested method of calculatin
Message-Authenticator MAY NOT be the same as what Cisco's using.
Because there's no standard, Cisco may be doing almost *anything*.

> I'am missing something?

  If you can find out the algorithm used by Cisco, we may be able to
update FreeRADIUS to handle it.  Until then, there isn't much we can
do.