Bus error - core dumped on freeradius 1.0.5

Rohaizam Abu Bakar haizam at myjaring.net
Thu Sep 15 06:37:33 CEST 2005

OS: FreeBSD4.11 p10
Freeradius: 1.0.5  from 1.0.4

- compilation OK.. but still to patch rlm_rewrite just like 1.0.4
- starting radiusd seems fine
- but when trying to authenticate.. then it will core dumped..  as below
debug log..

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.228.137.77:34496, id=17,
length=46
        User-Name = "bacang"
        User-Password = "xxxxxxxxx"
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '/' in User-Name = "bacang", skipping NULL due to config.
  modcall[authorize]: module "IPASS" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "bacang", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: Found realm "NULL"
    rlm_realm: Adding Stripped-User-Name = "bacang"
    rlm_realm: Proxying request from user bacang to realm NULL
    rlm_realm: Adding Realm = "NULL"
    rlm_realm: Authentication realm is LOCAL.
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 102
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Autz-Type for request 0
modcall: entering group redundant for request 0
rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for LDAP
radius_xlat:  '(uid=bacang)'
radius_xlat:  'ou=RADIUS,ou=People,dc=jaring,dc=my'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to 127.0.0.1:389, authentication 0
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=Sysadmin,ou=Applications,dc=jaring,dc=my/kh4l1f4h to
127.0.0.1:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=RADIUS,ou=People,dc=jaring,dc=my, with
filter (uid=bacang)
Bus error (core dumped)