How to get the server to respond with Access-Challenge ?

Saravanan Ramaswamy saravr at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 20:38:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would like to know how to make the RADIUS server
(freeRADIUS 1.0.0-pre3) to send a challenge to the
NAS. That is, instead of getting Access-Accept or
Access-Reject, I want to see Access-Challenge. What do
I need to set in the user's profile ?

I tried looking thru the FAQ and some archives but
could not find anything. RFC 2865 states that "if the
server decides to send a challenge ..." - I want to
know what makes the server to send the challenge. I am
using the plain ascii/pap/chap/mschap kind of
authentications.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarav