Problems with oracle

chabral - chabral at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:09:44 CEST 2005

Ilia,
  No, I were'nt doing that! That seems to have solved the problem. I'd not
found that tip on the doucmentation. Now I'm having an invalid user oracle
error, but I'll see it with the DBA.
  Thanks a lot,

--
chabral

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:47:45 +0600 (YEKST)
From: Ilia Chipitsine <ilia at paramon.ru>
Subject: Re: Problems with oracle
	<freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

using oracle require setting enviroment variable ORACLE_HOME before you
start radiusd, did You do that ?

Cheers,
Ilia Chipitsine

>Hi,
>I'm trying to use freeradius 1.0.1 with oracle 9i. I successfully (i think)
>compiled freeradius with oracle support. I've the files:
>
>/usr/local/etc/raddb/oraclesql.conf
>/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_oracle-1.0.1.so
>/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_oracle.so
>/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_oracle.la
>/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_oracle.a
>
>The problem is when I start "radiusd -X" I see the lines:
>
>rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_oracle (module rlm_sql_oracle) loaded and
>linked
>rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to

TR_RADIUS at oracle:1521/(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=oracle)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=TESTSID)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))