PAM, Postgres, Freeradius

Mark Olliver mpo at thermeoneurope.com
Mon Sep 19 16:31:53 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am looking at using a postgres database as the backend storage system for
freeradius and I think I have this part configured correctly. Does anyone have
any scripts for creating simple user a/c's into the database?

The second more important thing is that I want to use PAM to authenticate
against the freeradius server. This is because I have many different servers
and need to keep a consistent list of users on all systems. This I can do by
replicating the postgres database, however I can not directly (safely to my
knowledge) do this with out going via pam.
Can anybody who has this working please give me an example of how they did
this and what there pam.d files look like now.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons) MBCS
Thermeon Europe Ltd