proxy EAP/PAP ?

Tim Winders twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Sep 20 21:40:33 CEST 2005

Hello All -

As I can't seem to get freeradius working on my Tru64 box and my box seems
to be "broken" I thought I'd try to install freeradius on a RHEL box and use
the fr proxy feature to proxy back to my Tru64 box running the Livinginston
Radius server.

My question, I want to be able to authenticate against the Tru64 passwd user
database from a Windows client connected to a wireless AP running WPA.

When I had a working fr on the Tru64 box, I was able to use the SecureW2
supplicant on XP with EAP/PAP to authenticate against passwd and it worked
great.

So, now, if I am running a non-EAP aware radius on the Tru64, and freeradius
on a Linux box proxying to the Tru64 box, will I be able to do EAP/PAP
authentication?  I'm ready the proxy doc, but, I don't see anything about
that, or if it's even applicable.

---

Tim Winders
Associate Dean of Information Technology
South Plains College
Levelland, TX 79336

Problem replying to my email?  Click the "Sign" button in the OE toolbar or,
better yet, get your own FREE Personal E-Mail Digital ID:
http://www.thawte.com/email/index.html