ntlm_auth multiple domains

Jamie Crawford crawford at cmsu1.cmsu.edu
Tue Sep 20 22:10:45 CEST 2005

I'm trying to validate a user from two trusted NT4 domains.  I cannot get ntlm_auth --username=domainb/domainbuser to work.  How are you supposed to validate a user with domain credentials, when you can't pass along the domain information?  I think it's more of a limitation with ntlm_auth than anything.

tia,
jamie

"Jamie Crawford" <crawford at cmsu1.cmsu.edu> wrote:
> When I run ntlm_auth --username=domainauser everything works
> great. When I run ntlm_auth --username=domainbuser it fails because
> the user does not exist in domaina which the server is joined to.

  You need to point winbindd to a global catalog server, and then
  establish trust relationships between the GC and all of the domains.

> Would setting up realms help?

  No.  The limitation is due to Active Directory, not realms or
FreeRADIUS.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html