custom variable in config files

Tariq Rashid tariq.rashid at uk.easynet.net
Thu Sep 22 13:12:59 CEST 2005

i'm having a go at cracking this problem. i've discovered that any variable declared in radiusd.conf (var = abc) cannot be expanded when used in $INCLUDED files ( ${var} ) ...

i'm seeing that during the search for the $var in the linked list of variables ... the list (known as main) used for the included files is not the same one as  the one used for variables created in radiusd.conf. that is:

	* if i delcare aaa, bbb, ccc in radiusd.conf
	* and i declare xxx, yyy, zzz in proxy.conf
	* then trying to search for ${ccc} in proxy.conf actually traverses xxx, yyy, zzz and NOT
		aaa, bb, ccc

so far i think i am seeing the item pairs being added to the wrong list and not appended to the proper list? can a more experienced developer have a look to confirm? i'm doing this using a combination of radlog() and ddd.

also - why the need for "lineno" in the config item data structures? surely this is a bad idea - and prone to error when inlcuding files? what's the lineno for included files?

tariq