Implementation advice needed.

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 20:03:35 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm looking for a couple of suggestions as how to implement some
specifics.  I've set up a FreeRADIUS server to do AAA primarily in a
SIP enviornment.

I've got a B2BUA which attempts to authorize outgoing calls.  I want
to use this to do Least Cost Routing.

Upon an INVITE packet, the B2BUA sends the following attributes

        User-Name = "1234"
        User-Password = "."
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.17.5
        NAS-Port = 1000
        Called-Station-Id = "5551212"
        Calling-Station-Id = "1234"

This is enough information for me to authorize the phone call.

Here are my questions

1) I have tariff tables stored in a back-end database.  What would be
the best way to go about looking up this information?  Is there some
way to execute a custom SQL lookup to pull this information back?  Or
should I be calling exec to say a custom script?

2) If exec is the best way to go about doing this, am I correct in
reading the documentation that my script should be returning 0
(Access-Accept) or 1 (Access-Reject)?

3) I can customize my B2BUA so it accepts an IP address to forward a
SIP request along.  Is there a way either from exec or another method
to add Radius attributes to the reply packet?  That way I can do true
LCR and tell the B2BUA which Gateway to forward the request.

Thanks.

-Daniel