howto reset rlm_sqlcounter

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Sep 23 10:08:46 CEST 2005

Bart van Daal <B.Vandaal at edpnet.net> writes:

> thanks for your reply Alan,
>
> I didn't mean the max-all-sessions value but the actual counter value.
> If a user has 15600seconds of online time ad is online for e.g. 3600
> seconds,
> where do these 3600 seconds get stored with rlm_sqlcounter?

It doesn't.  From raddb/experimental.conf:

        #  This module is an SQL enabled version of the counter module.
        #
        #  Rather than maintaining seperate (GDBM) databases of
        #  accounting info for each counter, this module uses the data
        #  stored in the raddacct table by the sql modules. This
        #  module NEVER does any database INSERTs or UPDATEs.  It is
        #  totally dependent on the SQL module to process Accounting
        #  packets.

Bjørn