No appropriate error message ("rlm_ldap: could not start TLS Connect error")

Linus van Geuns vangeuns at atis.uka.de
Fri Sep 23 23:43:40 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Linus van Geuns <vangeuns at atis.uka.de> wrote:
>
>>Did I forget to tell you, I'm very sorry for intending to help others
>>and mentioning that the error message is not appropriate?  It was my
>>fault, I should not even think of saving other peoples' time without
>>getting payed for it.
>

>   The issue was that you were asking other people to fix a problem you
> ran into.
>
>   Where is the incentive for us to fix something you don't like?

1.) The developers of freeradius declared their intend to provide a
radius daemon, so other people may _use_ (not develope) it.

2.) I mailed the solution to my problem so others, running into the same
one, may find this mail useful.

3.) Did I claim someone _has_ to fix it, because I don't 'like' it?

4.) I think, the error message from freeradius does obviously contain no
useful degub information.

So what?