Freeradius LDAP

Cris Boisvert cris at usai.net
Mon Sep 26 20:56:40 CEST 2005

Cris Boisvert wrote:
> I'm setting up freeradius to talk to a Ipswitch Imail server for
> authetication.
>
> Just needs to do the basic  User  Pass... Ok.

[..]
> A snippet of the config.
> ldap {
>                 server = "192.168.77.6"
>                 #identity = "cn=root,o=My Org,c=UA"
>                 #password = test1234
>                 basedn = "o=My Org,c=UA"
>                 #filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
>                 # base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"
>
>                 # set this to 'yes' to use TLS encrypted connections
> ______________----------------------------------------------

[..]
> Below is  a Cut form radiusd -X debug..
>
> Anyone have any reccomendations>?
>

> 	modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
> auth: type "LDAP"
>   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 0
> rlm_ldap: - authenticate
> rlm_ldap: login attempt by "test at pork.com" with password "test"
> radius_xlat:  '(uid=test at pork.com)'
> radius_xlat:  'o=My Org,c=UA'

Do you really have an object with attribute iud="test at pork.com"?
I think you should split the username with delimiter '@', so you search
for uid=test,dc=pork,dc=com (or similiar).

But if you have such objects, try ldap_debug=0xffff between ldap { } in
your radiusd.conf.

Linus van Geuns

For testing purposes I do have a user of test at pork.com
I have set the debug option to 0xffff .. Their was no more debug info than
before.
Where in the radiusd.conf am I supposed to put "uid=test,dc=pork,dc=com "
reference?

Sorry I'm not really up on ldap..

Thanx