Questions about upgrading Freeradius

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Wed Sep 28 21:21:34 CEST 2005

No need to install .9.3.  I'd just install 1.0.5 on another system (or to
the same system, but in a different directory with --prefix) and then
modify all the config files so it has the setup you currently use on .9.
Then make sure it works.

I doubt it, but perhaps you'll find that some configuration you have in
radiusd.conf in .9 isn't compatible with 1.0.5 and you need to find a new
way to declare the same functionality.  Or maybe you need to use some
switch to configure to enable a module you are using, that was previously
auto-detected.

I predict you'll find that its a smooth transition, but its just good
practice to test it all out before you go and modify your production
system.