LDAP and groups

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Thu Sep 29 16:06:30 CEST 2005

> Hello there,
>
> I have a small problem. And I read the documentation. And I can't find
> what's wrong.
>
> I have a corporate LDAP with users and group.
>
> Each group is a "groupOfUniqueNames", with "uniquemember".
> In the user defintion, no group definition is set.
>
> I need to authenticate members of a certain groups, and not of another ...
>
> Every doc I read mention that you have to create an attribute "per user" ...
>
> Any other way ?

I chose to do groups per user with radiusgroupname attribute, which is in
the ldap_howto.  However, you don't have to do it that way.  Try reading
radiusd.conf in the ldap section under the default groupmembership_filter.
Or reading doc/rlm_ldap.

If you are trying that and not having success, then post your debug
output.