how to config radiusclient!

zhangshuai zhangshuai at goldentek.biz
Fri Sep 30 03:44:21 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I wish to use softphone X-lite on SER and radius in db_mode. When I installed both freeradius 1.0.4 and radiusclient 0.4.3 on the same server which ser 0.8.14 has installed on, I could log in X-lite through radius authorization. And now I want radiusclient (on server A) to send the request to a remote radius server (on server B) to realize authorization. I have changed those config files: /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/servers, /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf and /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf as the document (http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/ser_radius/ser_radius.html#AEN193) did. Then I test the radius server as the above document said on server A: radclient -f digest server B auth testing123 and I received expected replied message from server B.

But when I log in x-lite (UA), there are error messages:

Sep 29 17:11:06 localhost ser[4408]: rc_ip_hostname: couldn't look up host by addr: DA61FC29
Sep 29 17:11:06 localhost ser[4408]: rc_send_server: no reply from RADIUS server unknown:1812

And the number "DA61FC29" is exactly the hexadecimal value of the ip address of radius server.

How come? Did I mis-config anything?

Many thanks for your reply!

Shuai
http://www.goldentek.biz