Unexpected Accounting Response

Giuseppe gaaw at interfree.it
Fri Sep 30 09:15:04 CEST 2005

It was indeed.

By mistake I had set the alternative accounting start query to an empty
string. Something that I noticed when I looked better at the following
piece of log:

rlm_sql (sql): Couldn't insert SQL accounting START record - ORA-00001:
unique constraint (RADUSER.RADACCT_IDX2) violated
radius_xlat:  ''
radius_xlat:  '/usr/local/var/log/radius/sqltrace.sql'
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4

where you can see the radius_xlat tracing an empty string.
By the way, probably something could be done in this respect. An idea
could be that if the alternate query is empty (either a mistake or a
wanter behaviour) the module keeps the return value of the primary
query.

Thanks for your attention :)
Giuseppe