Redundant ldap's bug?

Paulo Cabrita pjc at ual.pt
Tue Apr 4 15:35:20 CEST 2006

Hi!

I have freeradius 1.1.0 working and I want to have a redundant/load
balancing mecanism but when I use TLS to secure the communication with
the ldaps, FR  only works with one server (eg: ldapmaster). The log says
that it cannot contact the other server (eg: ldapslave). But if I use
one ldap in clear-text communication, it works perfectly, that is I have
redundant load balancing with one LDAP/TLS and another LDAP/clear. Of
course it's not what I want. :-)

My configurations are:

modules {
        ldap ldapmaster {
                server = "checkpoint2"
                port = 636
                basedn = "ou=users,dc=ual,dc=pt"
                filter = "(mail=%{User-Name})"
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                timeout = 60
                timelimit = 60
                net_timeout = 60
                ldap_connections_number = 30
                access_attr = "radiusClientIPAddress"
                start_tls = no
                tls_cacertfile = ${raddbdir}/1x/checkpoint2.pem
                tls_certfile = ${raddbdir}/1x/checkpoint2.pem
                tls_keyfile = ${raddbdir}/1x/checkpoint2.pem
        }
        ldap ldapslave {
                server = "checkpoint"
                port = 636
                basedn = "ou=users,dc=ual,dc=pt"
                filter = "(mail=%{User-Name})"
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                timeout = 60
                timelimit = 60
                net_timeout = 60
                ldap_connections_number = 30
                access_attr = "radiusClientIPAddress"
                start_tls = no
                tls_cacertfile = ${raddbdir}/1x/checkpoint.pem
                tls_certfile = ${raddbdir}/1x/checkpoint.pem
                tls_keyfile = ${raddbdir}/1x/checkpoint.pem
redundant-load-balance {
                ldapmaster
                ldapslave
}