Implimenting Capping with FreeRadius

Jaco van Tonder jaco at alwayson.co.za
Tue Apr 4 15:49:34 CEST 2006

I have modified the sqlcounter module to not only replying with a
Session-Timeout but with another attribute - Recv-Limit in my case as it is
supported by my NAS. The counter module then simply does a query on the
database during the access request processing and returns the limit allowed
for the user based on the maximum - used value set in the radcheck table for
the user or radgroupcheck for the user's group.

This works better than an external script as it will also limit the user for
the current session - and it implies that he will never be able to use more
than his allowed maximum

Jaco van Tonder