How to make FR reset the logs

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Apr 5 19:09:58 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-04 at 06:15 +0300, Mordor Networks wrote:
> hi
> Is it possible to make FR remove all monthly accounting logs from the
> database "mysql"?

Yikes, why would you want to do that?

Wouldn't it be better to move the data to monthly archive
tables, then remove the data and vacuum the table?

This is basically what I currently use, so that when a
customer tries to dispute his charges, we can produce
detailed information very quickly. I currently maintain
3+ years of detail, users can check totals, summaries or
detailed logging for their account from the beginning of
the third year ago {IE Jan 2003} until the previous
logout.

Once I have a similar scheme in place I will be moving
to which ever current version of FreeRadius is available.
I will continue to work toward integrating similar
functionality into FreeRadius, that I developed for
Cistron, allowing dynamic {using xlat} table names. I
currently use this method in my custom version of
Cistron Radius, to generate new logging tables every
month as required. The system I developed has met our
needs for the last 5+ years, but I would prefer to
build support into an open platform {FreeRadius}, so
others can make use of the same advantages, and the
community can enhance and support the project.