Freeradius cannot find rlm_sql_postgresql driver!

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Thu Apr 6 10:58:14 CEST 2006

lmyho wrote:

> I am trying to test the freeradius to work with postgresql database.
> Just installed freeradius 1.1.0 on debian system via 'aptitude
> install' command of debian.
>
> [...]
>
>  Error: rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_postgresql:
> rlm_sql_postgresql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The licenses of PostgreSQL and FreeRADIUS are incompatible, therefore
Debian doesn't distribute a binary version of the PostgreSQL module.

You could build a Debian package from source with the tarball of
FreeRADIUS 1.1.1 from www.freeradius.org. The FAQ explains how
to do this:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FreeRADIUS_Wiki:FAQ

--