dialup admin & ippool administraton

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Apr 6 15:58:21 CEST 2006

We have developed a new sqlippool module which exclusively uses SQL (Tested
with Postgresql) and doesn't require configuration in radiusd.conf (at least
no more than the existing sql module)

We are currently load testing this for stability and will be rolling it into
production tomorrow if all goes well. At that point we will also commit it to
FR cvs.

I suggest you wait a few days before you do too much more coding :-)

Cheers

Peter

On Wed 29 Mar 2006 12:28, Olaf Schäfer wrote:
> > the sqlippool module in cvs does this..
>
> This module sounds interesting - something I haven't take into my
> considerations keeping the dynamic ippool data in the sql-db, too. And
> it's obvious to do it this way using a primary and a backup server.
>
> But the configuration information like "range-start" etc. is still
> stored in the radiusd.conf. My idea was to put these configuration
> information for each ippool into the mysql-db.
>
> Some background information for better understanding :) My task is to
> migrate from MS-IAS to freeradius. Thus people are used to do
> administration tasks with a GUI. :) At least normal production
> administration tasks should be integrated within a GUI. Putting
> configuration information into a db would save the parsing and editing
> the radius.conf by dialup-admin scripts.
>
> best regards,
> Olaf
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See