mysql replication vs. radrelay

Olaf Schäfer olaf.schaefer at gmx.com
Thu Apr 6 23:01:42 CEST 2006

hello,

I have a redundant radius server setup with two radius servers. On each
of the servers freeradius 1.1.1 and mysql is running. If the primary
server goes down the AC falls back to the secondary server. To keep the
databases (except the radacct table) synchronised I use MySQL
replication. But I'm not sure which is the best way to replicate the
accounting information: using radrelay or mysql-replication, too?

Besides the man page for radrelay says "The  functions  of  radrelay
have been added to radiusd". I couldn't find any documentation about
this feature. Any hints?

regards,
olaf

--